Improvements your practice needs to get more patients should be at the top of your priority list. Doctors need to compete with each other for patients, and you do not want to lose. Read on to learn simple tips to improve your practice and get more patients.
A practice is a business at the end of the day, and a business is only as good as its managers and employees. As a manager, you need to have the proper skills to properly manage your staff, resources, time, budget, marketing, etc. Set aside time to learn management skills in the many different areas of the business to improve your process.
All you need to learn are the basics of management to help you read and understand reports and data.
Here are tips to improve your process through proper management:
1. Set a schedule that your office must follow to prevent delays.
2. Hire an accountant to help you budget your business’s expenses.
3. Get in touch with a digital agency to help you promote your practice.
4. Talk to different suppliers and compare prices to get the best prices for supplies.
5. Outsourcing your medical billing minimizes the number of staff you must manage.
6. For everything else, it’s best to research what you need and consult with professionals.
Improving your management skills can benefit your practice’s process and improve your revenue. Taking time to take courses, reading books, and watching videos on management skills can pay off in the long run. Never stop trying to improve yourself.
You need to understand how everything works in your practice, but that does not mean you have to do it all. No single person can run a practice by themselves. You need to hire staff to handle tasks such as administrative, billing, and marketing to ensure the success of your practice.
Here are some tips to help you divide responsibilities:
1. Hire an experienced administrator to take care of patients.
2. Delegate your billing to a revenue cycle management firm to prevent denials.
3. Delegate your marketing to a digital agency to ensure your practice gets patients.
You’re trained as a doctor, which means you may not have the skill set to handle the other parts of running a practice. Delegating will allow you to focus on your patients while ensuring the other tasks are performed well.
Enhance Your Practice’s Internal Communication
Your practice can run more efficiently if you improve your internal communication. You need to make new policies and services crystal clear to your staff to help them answer questions and book appointments. Doing this will reduce the number of unnecessary back-and-forth between you and your staff. Creating signs and posters for their offices may also help remind your staff of the process.
Here is a list of helpful tips to help you improve your internal communication:
1. Assess your current communication methods to find which areas need improvement.
2. Create a secure mobile app to facilitate easier real-time messaging.
3. Hold meetings weekly to discuss any new policies and procedures.
4. Take time to hear your employee’s concerns to help you fix your practice’s weaknesses.
5. Design a user-friendly interface for your site to help your patients find what they need at a glance.
There are plenty of ways to improve your internal communication. You just need to take a long look at your office’s methods of communication and ask your staff for their input to improve your office’s communication. You should also ask your patients if they are satisfied with your office’s communication to find further improvements.
Phone Service Improvements
Providing better phone service can keep your customer complaints to a minimum while getting you more patients. It’s best to keep a log of all the calls patients make with specific medical questions.
The log must include the following information:
2. Actions taken
3. Patient name
4. Time of the call
5. Patient’s request
The nurse must check off and initial the messages for accountability. The log helps nurses and staff keep track of patients’ queries and replies. Phone logs also help you deal with pharmacies, which infamously tell patients that your office has not responded to a refill request when they sent the request to a different practice. Faxes can also be listed as received. You can use the copies of confirmations to customers who complain.
In conclusion, learning management, delegating tasks, Improving internal communication, and improving phone service can all improve your practice’s services to get new patients. Calling synapse can help your practice flourish no matter the times.
Contact Synapse today for a free consultation and see how they can help your practice.